Friday, August 6, 2010

College/Summer

First of all, I love summer. Can't get enough of it. This summer has been really wonderful. High school is over, which is even more wonderful. But, now we are entering college world. And college world is serious. No cliques to stress over, less gossip (please, God let this be true) and more studying. I really look forward to this change of pace. I feel like I'm ready for it. Err..I think I am. We'll see.

On another note, it kind of irritates me how nowaways, I walk into a counselor's office at school, and they say, "Ok, what do you want to be for the rest of your life?" It's like, I don't even know what I'm doing this weekend. Why do I have to choose my major now? Granted people change their majors like 3 times..I don't understand why I have to just pick one. I have roughly 3 things that I want to seriously pursue. And this crap starts in like 11th grade. People always saying, "Well you better get serious about a major", or "Oh gosh, you don't know yet, uh oh, better get to deciding". Shut. Up. You're a 40 year old school teacher. Don't tell me this is what you dreamed of becoming all your life (no offense if you're a teacher). But still, everyone has big dreams. Why should we have to settle on one thing? Or decide so soon? I don't even know who I am yet, and they expect me to already know what I want to be for the rest of my working life...silly..

Well that's my rant for today. One love.

No comments:

Post a Comment